News breaks over the weekend, so every Monday we get you back up to speed with While You Were Out:
* The Miami Herald broke news of a federal investigation into last year's buyout of Oakland's Sequoia Voting Systems by a company linked to Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez' administration.
* A Pinole liquor store bandit shot himself in the leg, then died after making his escape.
* Incoming Oakland mayor Ron Dellums averted an East Bay garbage strike.
* A Sonoma couple carried out a methodical and highly-documented double suicide.
* Oakland's homicide rate hit 125.
* And because something weird always happens when school's out: A Florida fifteen-year-old stole a city bus and took it for a cruise along its regular route, taking on passengers and collecting fares.