Stories you don't want to miss for Mar. 6:
1. The Coliseum Joint Powers Authority's approval of one-year lease agreement for the Raiders
to play the 2019 season in Oakland is delayed for now, the East Bay Times reports. The lease proposal is believed to be worth $7.5 million, with an option for 2020. $$
2. Struggling San Leandro mobile home owners will have to wait for tenant protections after the City Council put a proposed rent stabilization ordinance on hold at the behest of the city's mobile home park owners
, who offered a self-imposed 90-day moratorium on rent increases. the East Bay Citizen
3. Oakland Police continues to do a pretty good job of keeping crime down
despite a perception its ranks are too low. Scott Morris in The Bold Italic
, reports on OPD has done it in recent years.
4. "Gov. Gavin Newsom should immediately allow the thinning of vegetation on almost 94,000 acres of state land
in a bid to keep more than 200 communities safe," including Orinda in the East Bay, according to a report authored by state fire officials, the San Francisco Chronicle
5. Who are the top digital influencers among the East Bay's Legislative Caucus?
A new report finds Oakland Assemblymember Rob Bonta's Twitter account possesses the most sway, but overall, his score and the rest of the East Bay caucus is quite middling.
$$ = Stories you may have to pay to read.