News you don't want to miss for Mar. 29-31:
1. More than 1,000 tech workers could be laid off within the next two months
, the San Jose Mercury News
2. California has added 15 million new residents since its last reservoir was built. A robust snowpack this winter begs the question whether the state's water infrastructure can do the job when all the ice melts this spring
, the Washington Post
3. The woman who accused Cal football players and staff of sexual harassment earlier this month spoke out Thursday on NBC's Today
, SFGate reports. "It's not just in Hollywood. It's always been in sports. And now it's at Cal," she said.
4. Gov. Gavin Newsom slammed a plan to restock PG&E's Board of Directors with hedge fund managers
instead of individuals with backgrounds as regulators and clean energy experts, the Associated Press
5. A bankruptcy judge ruled PG&E can gain access to $5.5 billion in funding
it previously secured from banks, the San Francisco Chronicle
6. A Hayward resident said American Airlines employees accused her of human trafficking
while on flight to Sacramento because she didn't look like her family, NBC Bay Area
7. Fans of Spenger's Fresh Fish Grotto who are aching for a reminder of the now closed venerable Berkeley restaurant can soon find it at The Kingfish Pub
in Oakland, Berkeleyside
8. Sen. Bernie Sanders has good taste in coffee. The San Leandro Times
reports the presidential candidate caused a stir last Sunday when he unexpectedly dropped in at a coffee shop on Bancroft Avenue
. Sanders's entourage was heading to a campaign rally in San Francisco.
$$ = Stories you may have to pay to read.