1) Willie Nelson Busted for Weed in Texas. Texas police arrested Willie Nelson at 9 am on Friday at a border checkpoint in Sierra Blanca. The C&W legend was charged with possessing six ounces of marijuana. He was released at 1:30 pm after posting a $2,500 bond. [CelebStoner]. More news after the jump.
2) Another marijuana tunnel and two more warehouses found. 20 tons of pot seized, eight arrested in San Diego and Tijuana. [L.A. Times]
3) Humboldt works on legal large-scale cultivation of its own. The new Humboldt Growers Association, aligned with a Sacramento lobbyist, is working for county approval to license and tax outdoor pot plantations of up to 40,000 square feet. [SacBee]
4) 'King of Pot' on lam two years after giant raid. With authorities closing in to seize 2,400 marijuana plants on John Robert Boone's farm two years ago, the legendary Kentucky outlaw vanished like a puff of smoke. The prolific grower has been dodging the law ever since, his folk-hero status growing with every sale of a "Run, Johnny, Run" T-shirt and click on his Facebook fan page. [Tribune]
5) DEA moves to ban lab chemicals being sold and used as "synthetic pot." The products, which began to appear in the United States in 2008, are sold in smoke shops and online under names like K2, Blue Dragon and Black Mamba Spice, and are marked with warnings saying "not intended for human consumption." But according to the drug agency, those warnings are being ignored, leading to a variety of bad reactions, including agitation, vomiting, seizures and hallucinations. [MAP]