by David Downs
1. Prop 19 goes to the voters in less than 24 hours. Absentee ballots are already being counted. San Francisco got to engage in early voting over the weekend. Prop 19 targeted battleground Los Angeles with television ads on Stewart and Colbert, as well as radio and door hangars. They bought a three-page ad that wraps around the Los Angeles Times. Yes on 19 will host an election day rally in Oakland Tuesday in front of Oakland City Hall from 10 a.m. until noon. The campaign is also hosting the last of four Telephone Town Hall meetings tonight at 7 p.m. Listen at (703) 485-4748, access code 2041. And in a blow to Stoners Against Legalization, the family of Peter Tosh has announced its strong support of Prop 19.
2. Orthodox Jews for ganga note the stuff has been used in medicinal holy oil since before Christ.
3. The City of Dana Point is demanding to know who its pot smokers are, and they'll head to state Supreme Court this week to find out. Three medical cannabis dispensaries in the relatively conservative Southern California town have refused to meet demands to hand over their medical records.
4. A former monster truck show promoter caught a cultivation case. Joseph Dailey Froome, 48, is charged with eight counts of money laundering, one count of marijuana cultivation and one count of possession for sale. Daniel Ludwig, 27, is facing charges of marijuana cultivation and possession for sales, reports state. "Froome, the former promoter of the West Coast Monster Truck Nationals, was arrested in October 2009 for reportedly operating an elaborate indoor marijuana growing operation on Baker Road near Red Bluff, according to court records."
5. Is sex why women tend to vote against legalization more than men? A last bit of political satire before the election.
[via Redheaded Blackbelt]
6. Or is it just Zack Galifianakis' beard?
7. And the new album of problem smoker Kid Cudi has officially leaked.